We are looking for a Camera Tech Lead to work across Silverback Films and Studio Silverback.
The role is full time, based in our offices in central Bristol with some working from home/location possible as and when appropriate.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in the world of high-end filming equipment, be an excellent communicator, and be able to manage a small but lovely kit team. They will need to be a highly organised, proactive, and self-motivated person with excellent communication skills as they will work with all of our Production teams across both Studios and Films to provide them with expert kit knowledge and assistance. Experience in the field using or maintaining kit would be beneficial, as although not guaranteed – we envisage that the role will also include opportunities to be out on location as a kit technician/camera assistant/2nd camera.
Tasks will include (but not be limited by) the following:
· Managing the Silverback camera equipment and being the main contact with Films@59, CVP and all kit hire houses.
· Responsible for ordering new camera kit and managing the paperwork associated with that – Purchase Orders, asset logs, Invoicing etc
· Managing the small kit team of 3 and working together with weekly routines.
· Working and communicating brilliantly with production teams from the development stage right up to the end of production to ensure that their camera/kit needs are met.
· Helping to settle kit clashes and suggesting compromises and kit to hire.
· Working with editorial teams on research and development of new and cutting edge camera kit to ensure Silverback are leading the field.
· Working with the DIT team on work flow and ensuring a smooth process from production to post.
· Testing older kit and working with our Production Kit Assistant to sell on, trade in or scrap kit that is no longer used.
· Prepping and managing the smaller production owned in house kit – Go Pros, camera traps etc.
· Working on location when needed as a camera technician, a camera assistant or 2nd camera operator.
This will be a year long contract initially but could be extended to a continuous role for the right candidate. A Driver license is essential.
If you are interested, please send your CV to email@example.com with your NAME and CAMERA TECH LEAD clearly stated in the title.
Note: Cut off for applications is 1st February 2023 with interviews the following week. The role would start ASAP.
We are not able to get back to everyone unfortunately, so if you haven’t heard back from us by the start of February you have not been successful for an interview this time, but we thank you for your application and please do state on your CV if you would like us to keep it on file here at Silverback for future job opportunities.