Making a difference
Silverback specialises in producing award-winning films about the natural wonders of our planet. By combining powerful story-telling with world-class cinematography, our aim is to not only inspire and surprise our viewers, but to challenge them - we want to help people celebrate the natural world while also understanding its fragility. Creating content that makes a difference is at the heart of everything we do here at Silverback Films and Studio Silverback.
In fact, this ethos extends beyond just film-making because making a difference is something we apply across the company:
- We are an affiliate member of the Albert Sustainability Program.
- We run an annual charity drive, which in 2021 will include a company-wide volunteer day (Covid permitting!) and events throughout the year.
- We encourage flexible working hours and the ability to work from home.
- We offer a fully supportive approach to mental wellbeing and mindfulness.
- We have a meaningful diversity policy which includes apprenticeships, trainee roles, work experience and mentoring schemes and have links with both Babbasa and Boom Satsuma.
- We provide a generous and flexible Maternity and Paternity package.
- We encourage and provide industry-leading training ventures which allow staff to up-skill when it comes to diving, drone work, directing, edit-producing, IT, HR, Wellbeing and more.
- We offer lunchtime learning sessions and invite speakers from inside and outside Silverback to share knowledge and experiences.
- We celebrate every employee’s birthday by giving them the day off for free and we celebrate the company’s birthday with a big annual party
- We even have a Silverback Choir and a Dragon Boat racing team (should you have a love of singing or boating – or both!)
We firmly believe that the quality of the films we make reflects the quality of the team we have here at Silverback. That’s why for us, it’s important that we make a difference by looking after our people, our family.